Admission and Advising
To apply to either the Multimedia Journalism or Strategic Public Relations programs contact Professor June Nicholson, Director of Graduate Studies, at email@example.com or (804)-827-0251. She will provide additional information.
- The Multimedia Journalism program admits every two years to begin in fall semester. The next cohort will begin in fall 2018.
- The Strategic Public Relations program admits every year to begin in summer.
Deadlines for admission are January 15 and March 15 for preferred consideration. The School will admit other students on a rolling admission after those deadlines until the class is filled.
Applicants are encouraged to see the VCU Bulletin information regarding admission to graduate study.
- Complete the online application form from the VCU Graduate School;
- Pay the online application fee;
- Send official, sealed transcripts for all graduate and undergraduate work to the VCU Graduate School;
- Make sure that your official GRE scores also are sent to the VCU Graduate School; and
- Send to the Director of Graduate Studies:
- An updated resume;
- A personal statement of educational and professional objectives;
- Three official graduate references, using the graduate reference forms available on the VCU Graduate School Website;
- Portfolio material from your undergraduate and/or graduate and/or professional experience;
- Unofficial or official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work; and
- GRE scores.
International applicants without a degree from an English-language university must also submit TOEFL scores.
Director of Graduate Studies
Robertson School of Media and Culture
Virginia Commonwealth University
901 W. Main Street
Richmond, VA 23284-2034
Current Robertson School graduate students are advised by Professor June Nicholson, Director of Graduate Studies. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804)-827-0251.