Admission and Advising
To apply to either the Multimedia Journalism or Strategic Public Relations concentrations, contact Dr. Karen McIntyre, Director of Graduate Studies, at email@example.com or (804)-828-4652. She will provide additional information.
The next cohort will begin in June 2021. Applications are requested by March 15.
Applicants are encouraged to see the VCU Bulletin information regarding admission to graduate study.
To apply, complete the online application form from the VCU Graduate School. You will be expected to:
- Pay the online application fee;
- Send official, sealed transcripts for all graduate and undergraduate work to the VCU Graduate School;
- And submit:
- An updated resume;
- A personal statement of educational and professional objectives;
- Three official graduate references, using the graduate reference forms available on the VCU Graduate School Website;
- Portfolio material from your undergraduate and/or graduate and/or professional experience;
- Unofficial or official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work;
- And your responses to a series of questions that you may answer via text or video.
International applicants without a degree from an English-language university must also submit TOEFL scores.
Dr. Karen McIntyre
Director of Graduate Studies
Robertson School of Media and Culture
Virginia Commonwealth University
901 W. Main Street
Richmond, VA 23284-2034
Current Robertson School graduate students are advised by Dr. Karen McIntyre, Director of Graduate Studies. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804)-828-4652.