Summer 2021: Feed More - Development Intern
Apr 9, 2021
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
Who we’re looking for
We’re in search of an inquisitive, mission-driven and hard-working individual to join our Development team this Summer! Our Development team is responsible for securing the funds needed to keep Feed More open, operating and serving our community to the best of our ability. The Development Intern will work on meaningful and impactful projects with our corporate partner outreach program and also our donor stewardship and thank you call process. This role will report directly to the head of our Corporate Relations team.
Reports To: Corporate Relations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position: Summer Internship
Monday – Friday, generally 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What will you do?
- Help develop a more robust, proactive corporate partner outreach program, including:
- Researching corporate donors and their philanthropic interests
- Pulling data on corporate volunteers and matching that to our corporate donor list
- Researching new business in Richmond and strategizing ways to proactively engage them
- Monitoring news and Google alerts on local giving and news on our donors
- Gathering information on corporate outreach programs at other food banks
- Researching corporate boards and their connections
- Develop a Donor Stewardship/Thank You Call Process, including:
- Creating and helping implement a more systematic process for thanking and keeping in touch with our donors
- Gathering information from other food banks on their donor stewardship programs
- Making thank you calls and/or emails to donors
- Recording information on donors gathered from calls
- Support Development team with other tasks as assigned
Is this job for you?
The right candidate for this job will be excited to learn about the food banking industry and seek to further expand his/her donor development experience. Ideally, this candidate will be a go-getter who is resourceful and detail-oriented with a sincere appreciation for client service. We’re also looking for someone who has:
- A degree-in-progress in Business, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Great organization skills and ability to create process/workflow
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
Company Benefits: No
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter at feedmore.org/careers. We kindly request no phone inquiries.
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.