Summer 2021: Feed More - Client Resources Intern
Apr 9, 2021
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
Who we’re looking for
We’re in search of an enthusiastic, mission-driven and hard-working individual to join our Client Resources team this Summer! The Client Resources team serves as a key connector for our community. They manage the Hunger Hotline, which is part of the Food Referral program, helping to connect individuals who call in and need food with a local agency in the neighborhood. They also respond to online requests, calls, and in-person visits.
The Client Resources intern will have a strong sense of client service and seek to make a real impact in the community. This individual will make positive contributions by supporting the team’s current strategy and by adapting to the evolving needs of our community. Ideally, this individual will be bilingual in Spanish and English.
Department: Client Resources, Operations
Reports To: Client Resource Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position: Summer Internship
Monday – Friday, generally 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What will you do?
- Assist with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Outreach
- Answer Hunger Hotline and communicate with Hispanic referrals
- Help with referrals, case management and connecting community resources
- Update pantry information
- Assist with other tasks as assigned
Is this job for you?
The right candidate for this job will be excited to learn about the food banking industry and seek to further develop their client service experience. Ideally, this candidate will be resourceful and proactive with a strong sense of serving the community. We’re also looking for someone who has:
- A degree-in-progress in Social Work, Human Services, Sociology, or a related field
- Strong customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortability with using web-based programs and Microsoft Excel
- Great organization skills and ability to manage work priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
Company Benefits: No
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter at feedmore.org/careers. We kindly request no phone inquiries.
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.