The Handwork Studio - Marketing / Photography Interns
Dec 7, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Join The Handwork Studio for an exciting and enlightening opportunity into the world of small business and human resources! The Handwork Studio LLC's niche business is focused on teaching children the craft of needle-arts (sewing, knitting, fashion design, etc.) through hands-on educational programs. We are a continually growing company that is seeking to bring on energetic, highly organized interns. We hire interns for fall, spring and summer semesters. We are in need of interns for Marketing, Human Resources, Art Curriculum, and Photography.
This position can be remote or predominately a work at home one. Our offices are based out of Narberth and Villanova, PA and local interns are welcome to work form our offices as well. However, if that is not an option interns will communicate through phone, email, and mobile video and web conferencing systems. Reliable computer and internet access is a must. Our expectation is approximately 10 - 20 hours of work a week, this can vary depending on internship requirements.
Unpaid - Must need to receive academic credit
The three areas of concentration are: Marketing, Multimedia and Online/Social Media. Below you will read the specific responsibilities and goals each position entails:
- Research and complete competitive analysis
- Maintain and update press contact list and school contact list
- Setup and assist during special marketing events and camp fairs
- Update and maintain email database
- Assist with customer services such as live chat
- Assist promotional staff off site at promotional events
- Update and maintain content on the website at TheHandworkStudio.com
- Visit locations and film, photograph and record camp activities
- Prepare a final 60-second promotional video for summer camp
- Create weekly Instagram Videos
- Edit and produce final images and video files
- Optimize and upload videos to YouTube profile
- Manage content calendar and schedule posts
- Create blog posts per content calendar
- Manage social media conversations on Facebook, Twitter, G+, LinkedIn,
- Create content as assigned for email marketing pieces.
- Work with multimedia intern to use photo and video content on social sites
- 10 - 20 hours a week
- Must receive credit for internship (this is an unpaid internship)
- Computer, Internet connection and own photo and video equipment for working remotely
- A vehicle is not necessary, but intern will need to ensure ensure on-time arrival for work and possible travel to our headquarters or other locations/events.
Due to the time based and nature of our operation, interns are sometimes assigned tasks that go above and beyond the aforementioned duties. In addition, interns are assigned duties or tasks on a case-by-case basis based on their individual strengths.
To apply for an internship, please submit an application here: http://www.thehandworkstudio.com/jobs/internship