Summer/Fall 2018: The Glow Shop - Social Media / Marketing Intern
Jul 9, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Located in downtown Richmond, the Kate Spade design inspired hair salon, The Glow Shop, is looking for an intern to help grow our brand! You will be working closely with the owner, 26 y/o female entrepreneur. This internship will be fun and upbeat, and a wonderful opportunity for someone who might want to own their own business someday. This position will be part-time work in the salon, and part time work from the comfort of your own home. As such, you must be reliable, responsible, have strong self-motivation, and the ability to multitask, absorb information quickly and stay focused without being micromanaged.
The Glow Shop is the premier “beauty shop” in Downtown RVA servicing all #GLOWGetter’s hair, nails, lashes, and makeup needs while also providing a retail platform for local brands to market and sell their products. We seek to provide an upscale, yet comfortable environment for #GLOWGetter’s of all kinds to get their GLOW up. The Glow Shop offers its own membership subscription where all #GLOWGetter Members get access to unlimited complimentary valet and concierge services, pre-pay for beauty services, automatic entry in “GLOW-aways”, special discounts and first dibs on events, products, trainings, and classes! Every #GLOWPro beauty professional involved with The Glow Shop gets access to business, marketing, and financial services to build their brands – successfully.
REQUIREMENTS/NECESSARY SKILLS FOR RECRUITMENT:
- Very strong work ethic
- High level writing ability
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- A working knowledge of Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram + Twitter
- Familiarity of marketing strategies + attracting followers
- The understanding of how to update all social media platforms
- Skilled at graphics creation + able to create graphics weekly for all platforms through Canva
- Daily pinning to Pinterest secret boards, talent at growing a Pinterest following + familiarity with group boards, pinning strategies + keeping track of analytics
- A technical personality - detail oriented, task oriented, organized, self-motivated + able to work extremely efficiently
- Collecting social media and website analytics
- Must be able to deliver the voice of owner, while maintaining the brand tone for company
- Strong research skills to identify potential industry and PR opportunities
- Strong ability to develop marketing campaigns to attract target markets
- Strong ability to develop email campaigns for The Glow Shop’s new event, training, and/or product launches.
- Ability to identify relevant, informative, and interesting content to share based on target market
- Clearly understands Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and social media and how to optimize content for each.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in PR or marketing fields is ideal!
- Ability to work well in a fast paced small business and meet project deadlines
- Must be at least 18 years of age with (or pursuing) a BS/BA in English, Communication, Journalism, Business, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or a related field
- Working knowledge of word processing, Newsletter platforms and multiple Social Media platforms
- Working knowledge of graphic design and creation, Photoshop, and other graphic design related programs
- Wordpress experience preferred
- Major focus on increasing online presence & brand awareness
- Take over content creation for all of our company social media accounts, including organizing cross-platform content strategies
- Develop new social media campaigns from the ground up, considering our clients’ needs and their specific industries
- Monitor social channels for trending news, ideas and memes, then capitalize on those trends through our social media accounts
- Perform research into our Glow Pro’s online presence and provide actionable tips and advice for expanding their reach in the digital space
- Assist with capturing and analyzing social media metrics
- Create brand specific marketing plan and social media content calendars
- Collaborate on strategic PR campaigns that drive premium media impressions, partnership opportunities, word of mouth buzz and sales opportunities
- Identify and engage target media contacts, influencers, campaign partners and brand ambassadors
- Produce content for press materials (i.e., multimedia press releases, byline articles, media alerts, press kits, tip sheets, etc.), web & blog posts, social media content and pages, collateral materials, email communications, etc.
- Help coordinate PR events including: press events, engagement events, product launches, pop-up shops, trainings and workshops
- Provide admin and salon support as needed
Resume and cover letter must be submitted,
Relevant writing/graphic samples must be included
Required Hours: 150 Hours
Hours: TBD, 10-15 hours weekly
Duration Of Internship: 10-15 weeks
Apply: Email Korinn Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, cover letter, writing/graphic samples.