Summer 2022: Powhatan County - Social Media Intern (PAID)
Apr 18, 2022
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
While maintaining a charming rural atmosphere, Powhatan County’s central location provides residents with access to major cultural, recreational, educational, and medical centers. Powhatan is 20 miles west of Richmond, the Commonwealth's capitol city, and is within an easy 2-hour drive from the Atlantic Ocean, Washington, D.C., Colonial Williamsburg, and the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Powhatan offers businesses all the benefits and conveniences of, but a welcomed respite from, metropolitan areas. As one of the fastest growing counties in the state, Powhatan strives to maintain rural charm, while smartly planning for a balance of business and residential growth. Among the greatest attractions for both businesses and residents alike, are easy access to an excellent transportation network, outstanding schools, no gross receipts tax and an extraordinary quality of life.
- Students who have prior experience creating social media content for an organization given priority.
- Current college juniors, seniors or graduates in the field of public relations, communications, journalism or marketing are preferred.
- Candidates should respect deadlines, be detail-oriented, conscientious and know how to follow through.
- Applicants must have knowledge of Associated Press (AP) writing style and excellent grammar. Basic graphic design experience is a plus.
The social media intern will report to the County Administrator & Assistant County Administrator and work alongside the Communications/IT Specialist.
- Creates innovative and unique social media content for Powhatan to increase awareness of the County’s projects, accomplishments, and good news
- Write unique social media content for the Powhatan County’s online presence including Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Craft basic image designs as needed using Canva or the Adobe suite
- Create mini videos for social media use
When you’ll work
- Hours: 10 Hours a week during semester period, remote work.
- Start date: TBD based on school schedules.
Does your college or university offer course credit for internships? Your supervisor can complete any necessary paperwork to ensure that you get the credit you deserve.
To be considered for the Powhatan County Social Media Internship, please send your résumé, one blog post or writing sample and 5 screenshots/samples of social media posts you have written for an organization (such as work or school club posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) to Roxanne Salerno, firstname.lastname@example.org.