Summer 2021: Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. - Junior Digital Design Summer Intern
Jun 7, 2021
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc., a leading designer, marketer, and distributor of small household and commercial appliances, is seeking local candidates for an unpaid part-time opportunity as a Digital Design Intern located at our corporate headquarters in Glen Allen. The individual in this position will design, develop, and produce digital art for online content marketing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and deliver digital art in collaboration with Digital Creative Team and other departments for online content for our websites, social and retail channels
- Develop concept strategies and “stories” and find visual ways, through digital design, to inform and persuade consumers to purchase our product while meeting established brand design style and content standards
- Reconcile all requested changes from all reviewing departments before final release
- Work closely with the Digital Content Team, Creative Director, Marketing and Customer Business Development teams
- Completion of Junior year (Imagination (or similar level Art Direction/Graphic Design Course) and Technical Prowess)
- Samples of design work
- Demonstrated strong sense of design, strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- Strong Adobe CC technical skills which must include a minimum of intermediate level Adobe CC Photoshop
- Basic understanding of UX, UI and web/digital technologies (HTML, CSS), a plus
- Digital design and production working experience, a plus
- The ability to work up to 15-20 hours per week
What the candidate could get out of this summer internship:
- Experience working in a Creative Department of a major international manufacturing company
- Real world portfolio pieces
- Professional photoshoot experience
- Professional references
- Course credit
Our employees enjoy working in a tobacco-free and drug-free environment. We do not consider candidates who use tobacco products. Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Apply: Email Liz Scoggins at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and link to portfolio/digital samples.