Summer 2020: Women Empowering Women - Diamonds in the Rough - Virtual Journalist Intern
Jun 10, 2020
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships
Virtual Journalist Internship Position:
Summary: Women Empowering Women seeks a graduate-level journalism and communications intern to help us publicize our work and write stories for our inspirational magazine. This unpaid position is a great opportunity to write inspirational stories. We hope to inspire women to share their story to empower others. The student intern will also assist with various programs within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather story ideas and write/produce news stories
- Work with other volunteers/interns to produce external communications about our magazine
- Fact check, proofread, format, and edit articles as necessary
- Create videos and other multimedia communications to support articles
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism
- Experience working with a non-profit organization (preferred but not required).
- Excellent customer service skills and business acumen.
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Self – starter who take direction and contribute ideas
For further questions contact: Galanda Simmons-Wright 804-276-1062