Summer 2020: Women Empowering Women - Diamonds in the Rough - Virtual Copy Editor Intern
Jun 10, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Virtual Copy Editor Internship Position:
Summary: Women Empowering Women seeks a graduate-level journalism and communications intern to help us publicize our work and edit stories for our inspirational magazine. This unpaid position is a great opportunity to review and edit inspirational stories. We hope to inspire women to share their story to empower others. The student intern will also assist with various programs within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read content and correct spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors
- Rewrite text to make it easier for readers to understand
- Verify facts cited in material for publication
- Evaluate submissions from writers to decide what to publish
- Work with writers to help their ideas and stories succeed
- Develop story and content ideas according to the publication’s style and editorial policy
- Approve final versions submitted by staff
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism
- Experience working with a non-profit organization (preferred but not required).
- Excellent customer service skills and business acumen.
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Self – starter who take direction and contribute ideas
For further questions contact: Galanda Simmons-Wright 804-276-1062