Summer 2020: The Plant Based Seafood Co. - Marketing & Social Media Content Creation Intern
Jun 2, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Job Description: Social Media, Content Creation Intern
Location: Remote with weekly meetings and content collection/creation on Gwynns Island in the Chesapeake Bay
The Plant Based Seafood Co. is a new and exciting company disrupting the global seafood industry by creating plant based seafood alternatives. Coming from the seafood industry ourselves and disheartened with the destructive impact that the global seafood industry has on our oceans, we have set out on a mission to relieve pressure on the ocean’s wild species, alleviate devastating by-catch, and decrease the surmounting levels of plastic in the ocean(most of which is from discarded fishing gear). We aim to offer consumers a delicious seafood experience without sacrificing our oceans or planet.
We will have weekly meetings at the waterfront office on Gwynns Island in the Chesapeake Bay- 1 hour from Richmond. This will also serve as a time for water-related content creation used for social media.
- Content Creation for social media channels- Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn.
- Work with online Influencers to help spread the word about our company and products.
- Create unique cross marketing opportunities in the local Richmond market.
- Help build a tribe and community around our message via social media.
- Engage with consumers through comments/DMs on social media.
- Undergraduate student majoring in Marketing, Advertising or Public Relations.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Instagram and additional tools/apps for marketing on IG.
- Passion for making a difference.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and results-oriented.
- Ability to function and thrive independently.
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality.
- Ability to get in front of the camera for Instagram and Facebook Lives.
- Strong communication skills.
Apply: Email Monica Talbert at firstname.lastname@example.org why you want to work with us and any relevant social media (specifically IG) experience.