Summer 2020: The Phillips Collections (Washington, DC) - Marketing & Communications Intern (PAID - Deadline March 6)
Feb 7, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
The Marketing Intern works in the Communications and Marketing Department, which is responsible for the media relations, marketing, editorial work, graphic design, web design and content, and more.
• Assisting with day-to-day communications and marketing operations.
• Locating, formatting, and archiving press clips.
• Helping to formulate and continually update the Phillips's online presence through: posting events to local online publicity calendars, updating and organizing social networking sites (Flickr, Vimeo, etc.), and selecting, formatting, and uploading event images.
• Organizing, assembling, and maintaining mailing lists.
• Administering direct mail campaigns.
• Compiling interest-specific contact lists.
• Distributing promotional materials.
• Conducting online research for upcoming exhibits and events.
• Completing data entry.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Assisting at evening events such as Phillips after 5 and other community events as needed.
• Strong interest in marketing/communications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Background in art or art history a plus.
• Strong organizational prioritizing, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
• Focused listening, logical thinking, and productivity in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently while also contributing to team environment.
• Ease in navigating social networking sites and internet search engines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Availability to work occasional weekend and evening events as needed.
Please submit a résumé, letter of interest, two letters of recommendation, complete transcripts, FAFSA document (if eligible), and writing sample.
Referees may also send their letters directly to email@example.com.
The Phillips Collection is an equal opportunity employer and administers all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, veteran status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.