Summer 2020: State Farm (Tracey Portillo, Agent) - Public Relations & Social Media Intern
Mar 5, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Description of Organization
State Farm is the #1 Auto insurance company in the country and the largest organically grown company in the world. All State Farm products are sold through individual agencies. Each State Farm agency is an independent business, responsible for marketing their individual agency brand while staying with State Farm’s very specific guidelines. This internship is working in a local agency to create local brand recognition, social media and grassroots marketing.
General Duties of Public Relations & Social Media Interns:
- Work with the agent to develop and implement the marketing objectives within budget.
- Research, organize and implement event marketing plan.
- Create, implement and analyze social media marketing to increase engagement.
- Track and review direct ROI for marketing, public relations and social media efforts.
- Candidate should have strong writing skills
- Experience working to specific project objectives and deadlines.
- Very comfortable with Facebook.
- Experience in event marking is helpful.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be coachable.
Through this internship you will gain experience in:
- Creating and growing a social media following for a small business
- Meeting marketing objectives within specific budget
- Creating and implementing a grassroots event marketing plan.
- Working in a small, entrepreneurial office setting.
This internship is offered Fall Semester (August-December), Spring Semester (January-May) and Summer Semester (May-August), 15-20 hours per week with flexible scheduling.
This internship is unpaid but financial incentives will be offered for meeting specific objectives.
Our office is located at the corners of Parham and Patterson on the west end of Richmond, 15-20 minutes from downtown Richmond. 1100 Welborne Drive, Suite 204, Henrico, VA 23229
Applicants should email resume and 500 word on, “How our facebook page (www.facebook.com/insuredbytracey) is different from other State Farm agencies in Richmond” to:
Tracey Portillo State Farm Email: Tracey@insuredbytracey.com Phone: 804-864-1407