Summer 2020: Padilla NEXTern - Corporate Crisis (PAID - Deadline March 10)
Mar 5, 2020
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Padilla NEXTerns, the agency’s summer internship program, offers college students and recent graduates opportunities in account service, brand, public relations and creative tracks.
As a Padilla NEXTern, you don’t just gain hands-on experience working with some of the leading minds in our industry, you will help build the framework for the future of our agency. We’re not looking for someone to just fit in. We’re looking for someone who’s interested in creating what’s next.
Padilla is looking for a full-time, three-month NEXTern on our Corporate Crisis Communications team to dive in headfirst and get involved with a wide variety of creative client campaigns. This is not a “make copies and run errands” type of internship. This is a dynamic opportunity to use and grow your talent on a variety of business challenges, through compelling, creative projects while working with a collaborative, hard-working team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Supporting program planning and development, including building and maintaining media lists, writing press materials, managing digital and social media content, and pitching media
- Assisting in team research needs in all forums and across analytics tools
- Supporting team event activities by overseeing travel, vendor coordination and other details
- Contributing to the timely production of accurate, typo-free reports and meeting minutes/call recaps.
- Supporting team new business efforts including researching prospects and participating in RFP responses and new business presentation preparations.
- Meeting all deadlines and keep supervisors informed of progress on projects.
- Attending all team meetings; come prepared, take notes, and be sure to follow through on any commitments you make in these meetings.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Social media and digital knowledge
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A natural curiosity and a desire to learn and grow
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)