Summer 2020: LeafSpring - Marketing Operations Intern
Feb 12, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
LeafSpring Schools is seeking a motivated, creative and driven individual to join our team in summer 2020 as the Marketing Operations Intern.
LeafSpring Schools is an early education and childcare company with 12 schools across the United States, five being in Richmond. Our corporate office manages operations for our flagship school in Richmond, VA and provides support to all other schools.
The Marketing Operations Intern position will be a hands-on role, assisting the Marketing department with advertising, marketing, communications, social media and website management. We aren’t looking for an expert, just someone who knows the basics and is willing to learn.
In this role, the intern would learn how to use brand guidelines to develop advertising and marketing collateral, analyze creative, draft social media and web content, publish new content to our website, and more.
- Excellent writer who can communicate in a clear, concise way on various platforms (social media, website, press releases, memos). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- Experience managing social media for a business or organization, specifically creating content (text, photos, graphics, etc.) for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Twitter).
- Knowledge of website content development best practices and experience creating content and updating content on websites. Any prior experience using WordPress is preferred.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva to create graphics and update advertising products.
- The ability to work efficiently, expertly prioritize and remain organized.
• 10-15 hours per week
• Unpaid internship, but Marketing Manager will provide any necessary paperwork or means in order for the intern to receive credit.
• Start/end date is flexible
• Located in our corporate office in Glen Allen, VA, but remote is possible
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter to Meghan McMahon, Marketing Manager: email@example.com. If you have any writing samples, examples of your design work, or links to relevant social media profiles you have managed, please include them in your application.