Summer 2020: County of Henrico Police Division - Police Public Information Intern II (PAID -- Deadline March 9)
Feb 12, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
General Statement of Duties
Police Public Information Intern II: This is a paid internship for a Police Public Information Intern for the summer of 2020 for a current undergraduate level student (rising junior or senior) pursuing a degree in a field relevant to the internship. The rate of pay for an undergraduate student is $12.76 per hour not to exceed 29 hours per week.
Desired Area of Study: Mass Communications, Communications/Public Relations, Journalism Relations, or related field
Desired GPA: Good Academic Standing
Desired Student: Undergraduate (rising Junior or Senior preferred)
Start Date: May 2020
End Date: By start of the fall semester
Work Hours: M - F, flexible between the hours of 8 am - 4:30 pm (Intern schedule not to exceed 29 hours per week)
Work Location: Police Division, Public Information Office, 7721 E. Parham Road, Henrico, VA 23294
This is a paid internship position working in the Public Information Office within the Police Division. The intern will assist and or perform pre-professional duties that could include:
- Researching, writing and editing publications for distribution to citizens, the media and or employees to include news releases, public service announcements, annual report, and internal newsletter
- Marketing of Division meetings and special events through social media, print and community calendars;
- Webpage updates;
- Designing, producing and distributing various Division publications such as brochures, flyers, and posters;
- Developing multimedia plans to market programs and marketing timelines;
- Assist with long-range planning and program development;
- Photographing and/or video recording special events;
- Provide design, editorial and technical support for other sections within the Division of Police.
The application process requires you to upload the following items with your application:
Cover letter indicating why you are interested in this internship position and to indicate at least three learning goals related to the internship
Four References Letters:
- One letter of recommendation from a college or university program chair or internship coordinator
- One letter of recommendation from a professor with firsthand knowledge of the student's abilities and qualifications
- Two reference letters from current/previous employers or professional individuals, volunteer/civic leaders that you have served or participated in volunteer service.
A criminal history record check and fingerprinting is conducted on all persons conditionally offered employment (including an intern), including a conditional offer of initial employment or a conditional offer to promote, demote, or laterally transfer an employee.
Students shall be of good standing in the community and shall successfully pass the background phase of the application process. This shall consist of but is not limited to DMV history and criminal history. Students shall meet and maintain those standards that are representative of the Police Division.
How To Apply
Closing Date: This position closes on Monday, March 9, 2020.
For more information about this internship position or to apply: http://henrico.us/services/jobs or click on the Jobs link in the upper right hand corner of our main County page at http://henrico.us.