Summer 2020: Charlottesville Tom Sox - Media Intern
Feb 7, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Charlottesville Tom Sox Media Internship Program, in association with Tom Sox TV, provides aspiring sports journalists with the tools and platform to create original video, audio, and written content on a daily basis. Tom Sox media interns act as the official on-air talent and beat writers for one of the nation’s top summer collegiate baseball programs as well as the club’s sports information department.
The tasks in which media interns perform include, but are not limited to:
- Starring in & editing original content for our Tom Sox TV YouTube channel & team social media platforms
- Writing postgame reports on each game for our website and local media partners
- Delivering Facebook Live pregame and postgame reports before and after every game
- Play-by-play and color commentary for Tom Sox home games
- Participating in game-day podcasts prior to each Tom Sox home game
- Updating the team’s social media pages throughout the summer
- Disseminating team information to local media outlets
- And much more
Through this internship, students will have the opportunity to interact with Valley Baseball League and team officials both personally and electronically and develop contacts that will pay major dividends in the future. While the internship is unpaid, experience will be gained throughout the summer that will be valuable upon graduation.
For more information and to apply, please send a résumé to Drew Goodman, Charlottesville Tom Sox Director of Media Relations and Promotions, at email@example.com.