Summer 2019: VCU School of Pharmacy - PR Intern
Apr 9, 2019
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Name of Business VCU School of Pharmacy
Type of internship Public Relations
Description of Organization
VCU School of Pharmacy was founded in 1898 to train health care professionals in medicine, pharmacy practice and community health. It is ranked among the top 20 pharmacy schools in the United States by U.S. News & World Report and is affiliated with both VCU Health and VCU.
- Research and write basic news releases and public service announcements for regional, statewide and nationwide distribution.
- Research and write news-style articles on events and people playing a role in the School of Pharmacy.
- Assist in social media posts and updates on school accounts.
- Work with the director of communications and other staff in developing and executing PR events to generate news coverage of the School of Pharmacy, its programs and projects.
- General office and project support for the director of communications.
- Strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of journalism and PR is helpful.
- Ability to work on computers.
- Prepared to work in a business environment.
- Ability to work on deadline.
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
Internship training includes:
- Conversational/news style writing.
- News release formats and AP style.
- How to write to encourage news coverage and create public interest.
- Social media best practices.
(Junior or Senior, required skills/software, etc.)
When offered (fall, spring, summer.)
How far from campus On MCV Campus. Transportation available via Pulse and Campus Connector.
Greg Weatherford, director of communications
VCU School of Pharmacy
Smith Building, room 540E
410 N. 12th St. / Box 980581
Richmond VA 23298-0581
How to Contact
Contact Greg Weatherford via email (email@example.com) with a brief note of introduction, explaining your interest in the position, and a resume or summary of relevant experience and/or coursework. Include contact information for 1-3 professional references, which may include professors.