Summer 2019: The Social Ginger - Creative Intern (PAID -- Deadline May 24)
May 22, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
The Social Ginger, a social media agency, is looking for an intern who has a creative background in graphic design (extra bonus if you have videography skills). The ideal candidate will be someone who has a good amount of experience creating graphics with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) and likes to think outside the box, is creative, craves learning new skills, not afraid to ask for help or work hard, makes no excuses and gets the job done. This position will allow you to work virtually (most of the time) and offers work flexibility as long as you meet company and client deadlines.
This position will start as an internship and could grow into a permanent position as you demonstrate your potential talent and interest in growing with the company.
What You Will Learn:
- Graphic Design for social media purposes
- Create compelling content that encourages social media engagement
- Other potential projects not yet determined and could be based on your skillset such as video projects.
What Is Required:
- Background in one of the following areas: Marketing, Branding, Communications, Graphic Design, Photography/Film, Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations, Media or other majors considered as they make since with experience.
- Proficient with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong Communication Skills
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative and Flexible
- Familiarity with the following social networking sites, but will also train in more detail (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo)
- Since this is a virtual position, you MUST have your own computer and access to a reliable internet connection.
- Must have your own Smartphone (I-Phone or Droid preferred) to operate needed apps (Pay as you go phones will not work)
- Ability to research content online
Other Ideal Attributes (Not Required):
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube)
- Videography skills
- Blogging/Creative Writing Experience
- Knowledge in web-design (specifically WordPress) and SEO
Details: Applications are Due by Friday, May 24, 2019
Internship will start immediately upon finding the best candidate. Hours per week will be approx. 6-10, with the possibility of more hours as client load demands and increases. The pay will be $9 per hour.
If interested in being considered, e-mail your resume and a cover letter including: your availability, how your past experience may help you with this position and explain why I should consider you for the position. If you have a portfolio or examples of work, include those too.
Email Shannon Loy: email@example.com (Include: Application for Creative Intern in subject line)