Summer 2019: The Garage Group - Innovation and Growth Strategy Intern (PAID - Deadline -- February 8th, 2019)
Jan 23, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
We’re looking for curious learners who wants to jump into projects, find ways to add value and build experience through a paid internship at The Garage Group. An ability to learn quickly and has an eagerness to dive in and figure-things-out-as-you-go are key requirements for this role.
What you’ll do:
- Engage and enable clients by participating in innovation initiatives for Fortune 1000 client teams
- Support Project Managers to keep all members of the team organized and on track for key project deliverables
- Support coordination of session details, while acting as a resource for team members until project completion
- Support Lead Associate Strategist and Strategist with overall project execution for Fortune 1000 clients, including report creation, pre-session prep, and participation in consumer research facilitation and potentially client sessions
- Support facilitation of project-related qualitative research (don’t worry, we’ll show you the ropes, you just need a willingness to grow and learn). This will include exposure in working with our 3rd party vendors on recruiting, research logistics, leading trend and analog research projects
- The potential to attend a client session in town or in another city (will be determined by intern skill level and client need)
- Proactively support project teams by staying up on industry trends, client industries, and strategy methodologies
- Check out more of our thinking on our website to hear from past interns and also see examples of the types of projects you'll have a key role on!
How we’ll know if it’s working out:
- Team recognizes the value you bring through your hustle, willingness to learn, positive attitude, humility, team-player, willingness to go above and beyond, and authenticity
- Research is meeting the needs of the client, driving new ideas, answering key questions
- Clients come back because of the value we add (for their business, their organization, and for them personally) and because of their experience of professionalism, clear communication, and stellar deliverables provided by our team
Things we’re looking for:
- Entrepreneurial — get things done; take smart risks; try new approaches
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong soft skills including practicing empathy with co-workers and clients, ability to actively listen, understand how nonverbal communication impacts relationships, adapt work style to our team
- Mindset of being proactive vs. reactive
- Savvy user of Google Suite, Microsoft, Keynote, etc., and ability to "pick up" new platforms quickly
- Problem Solving/connecting dots in new ways/analog thinking
- Strong attention to detail/excellence
- Acts as an “owner” of both our business and our clients’ business
- Relevant school-based or previous internship experience in product development, brand building, go-to-market strategies, client relationship management, workshop facilitation or other related activities
- Desired major/background: Open to anyone with related experience
- Paid internship
- Start-End Dates: will be aligned to each intern's summer schedule, but roughly 12 weeks during summer break
- 40 hours per week
- GPA Requirement: N/A
- Grade Level: no preference
- Other perks: coffee/LaCroix/snacks/fruit, team lunches, non-traditional work space, a supportive work family
We’re on a mission. A mission to enable corporate teams and brands to innovate and grow like startups.
And, we’re excited about the growth we’re experiencing and the opportunity we have to add great talent to our team! We’re looking for a few trail-blazing, super smart and fun-to-be-around people to join our team! We’re looking for folks that are quick to embrace change, challenge, and opportunity.
Here's who we'd describe you:
You recognize an inefficiency; can define problems well; and then proactively set out to solve them in uber-smart ways. Jumping in to a new space, a new approach or a new constraint gives you energy. If there’s not an existing path, you create one. True partnership with internal teams means you equally “own” the integrity of business decisions they are making, and you take that seriously. You strive for pragmatic excellence in everything you do. You learn fast, pay attention to details, invest in relationships and you recognize opportunities to add value for clients, co-workers and anyone else whose path crosses with yours.
Bonus if you have a Spotify slow jams playlist and think coffee should be its own food group.
If you’re interested in this role, attach your resume and include a note telling us why and how you’d be a great fit. Additionally, please include a video that is 2-minutes or less (taken with your phone is fine–doesn’t need to be fancy!) telling us what you think it means to be entrepreneurial. BONUS: At the end of the video, tell us your favorite karaoke song and give us a ten-second clip of you singing your favorite part of the song. (Yes, we’re serious.) ****** The easiest way to do this is to upload your video to a private YouTube channel and then insert the link in our online application.
Application deadline: February 8th, 2019
Copy & Paste the link below to apply,