Summer 2019: RVAMag - Student Intern
Apr 16, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Report on shows. Meet muralists. Interview your favorite musicians. Attend festivals. Cover fashion, cover fine arts, cover film. Cover breweries and restaurants, cover theatre. Feature Virginia news and the intersections of culture. Report on LGBTQ news with GayRVA. Pitch your ideas. Cover politics, policy, identity. Have a voice in the national conversation. Bring an open mind.
THE JOB & WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
• Work remotely on 1-2 articles per week, interviewing sources in person or via phone on feature pieces.
• Access to shows, parties, and events of your choice throughout Virginia.
• Have your name published in Virginia's largest independent media.
• Have the independence to cover stories and issues that interest you.
• Gain long- and short-form writing experience.
• Multimedia web-based project experience. Tell the stories of Virginia's best.
CREDIT HOURS: 3 (150 HOURS PER SEMESTER)
The Start of Richmond's "RVA"
Launched in 2005 as a zine to promote the bubbling revival of Richmond's underground, the RVA regional brand started with RVAMag. Now Virginia's largest independent media and the East Coast voice for arts, entertainment, and news, RVA Magazine and GayRVA are at the center of culture and the Commonwealth's voice.
Join the conversation.To apply to RVA Magazine and/or GayRVA, send us your:
- COVER LETTER
- 2-3 WRITING SAMPLES (FEATURE AND HARD NEWS IF APPLICABLE)
- AVAILABILITY FROM MAY - AUGUST 2019
- WEBSITE (IF APPLICABLE)
Email your information to Caley Sturgill at