Summer 2019: Rebuilding Together Richmond - Communications Intern (Deadline May 17)
May 2, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Rebuilding Together Richmond (RTR) is a local nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving affordable homeownership through home rehabilitation services. We bring volunteers and skilled contractors together to repair the homes of low-income families across the Greater Richmond region. We have improved nearly 1,400 homes during our 27 years of service.
We are seeking a communications and development intern to assist in executing our fundraising, marketing, and communications strategies.
This intern will assist us in:
• increasing our organization’s brand awareness across various platforms (newspaper, radio, television, social media, and online),
• creating content for annual report, social media, e-newsletter, and website,
• planning our fundraising events and partner lunch,
• tracking donor and fundraising opportunities in our database, and
• preparing “thank you” acknowledgements and other fundraising assignments when needed.
Our communications intern should demonstrate strong writing skills and be able to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere. The intern must be able to take initiative and remain proactive in the workplace.
Applicants should also be highly organized and knowledgeable of online communications and social networking sites such as Constant Contact, Wordpress, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
This is an un-paid position; we require a minimum of 10 hours per week and can be used toward class credit.
Contact Malcolm Jones, acting executive director, at
Malcolm@RebuildingTogetherRichmond.org with resume, cover letter and at least one writing sample by Friday, May 17, 2019.