Summer 2019: One Sparrow - Project manager Intern
Apr 24, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
General Description: this role will primarily serve as a Project Manager for the wide array of details and tasks associated with One Sparrow Organization, including strategic planning for events and the organizations a whole. This position will work with the operations team to help prepare, plan and execute organizational initiatives. This role will also give an insight into the psychology of non-profits. This can include strategic planning based on areas of curriculum and wellness, childhood development, grief and trauma, as well as creating support systems. The goal of the organization is to eliminate the need for orphanages by building up communities through employment, health and wellness, and educational opportunities to build up communities to not only be self sustainable but to grow and develop far beyond the place that the organization meets them at. This role will learn the strategic process of developing programs that provide mental, health, and educational wellness based upon psychological theories and research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working to ensure all tasks and ideas for the One Sparrow Organization are thoroughly researched, discussed, and executed on.
- Establishing strong relationships with key internal and external vendors and partners to create a team approach to the One Sparrow Organization development and event execution.
- Creating and managing an ongoing list of tasks and projects that need to be followed through on, either by this role or the Event Director(s).
- Serving as an administrator in creative meetings and discussions involving the One Sparrow Organization as well as to the Operations Team using Microsoft Office and Mac OS iWork suites, Mac Mail, iCal, Outlook, etc.
- Assisting in the development of event related items (Marketing pieces, etc.)
- Working with the Event Director(s) to track and stay within the pre-determined event budgets.
- Working closely with the Marketing and Sales team for the success of the One Sparrow Organization events.
- Maintaining department records, reports, and files as required.
- Gaining practical experience in Strategic planning
- Maintaining professional and personal growth and development through a variety of methods.
- Working with team members on developing curriculum and wellness programs that highlight areas childhood development, emotional wellbeing, and support systems for children that have had traumatic experiences
- Strategically plan organizational growth within the organizational mission statement and end goal
- Help in the development of
- Participating in department and company meetings as required.
- Developing your leadership and grow personally through coaching and cross- over work with other departments.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Mac systems
- Prior experience with project management; Working with and coordinating multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously; Process-mindedness