Summer 2019: Metropolitan Business League - Program Intern - Marketing Assistant
Apr 24, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
- Provide support to Director of Marketing and Membership
- Enter and edit data in Access database
- Assist with general office tasks (filing, copying, organizing digital photos, etc.) as needed
- Contact members via phone calls and emails regarding membership and special events
- Attend and collaborate in monthly board, executive and youth board meetings
- Assisting in the preparation and execution of special events designed for public outreach and media relations
- Conducting market research to assess the efficacy of our brand
- Expanding business contacts via personal networking or attendance and sponsoring at events
- Writing and blogging for the web (internal or external websites)
- Create marketing content for monthly events
- Writing newsletters and other materials to foster organizational engagement
- Communication tools- emails, letters, community presentations
- Assisting with general public relations and community outreach
- Maintain and update website with content
- Maintain social media accounts using Hootsuite
- On-site lead and incentive negotiations with local businesses and large corporations
- Provide an inside look at the day to day operations of a non-profit as well the strategic decision making inherent in the responsibilities of a Marketing Director.
- Increasing communication skills- written and oral.
- Technical Skills- Word, Excel, etc
- Social Media
- Good organization skills
- Commitment to non-profits and purpose of organization
- Ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication
- Positive attitude. Dependable and punctual team player
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner
ABOUT THE METROPOLITAN BUSINESS LEAGUE
*Now recruiting JR. Board members to join our league of young professionals!
For over 51 years, the Metropolitan Business League (MBL) has been the backbone for the development, support, and advancement of small, minority, and women-owned businesses in the Richmond and tri-cities area.
GUIDE. The MBL will help in the development of businesses in the region through education and training.
- We believe that no business is a silo. Therefore, we promote the fostering of relationships that benefit the growth of businesses and at the same time, can potentially lead to partnerships for the future. Involving the community in a business is important to staying connected to your demographics while paying it forward.
- The goal of the MBL is not for a business to stay a small business, but to grow. We want your business to succeed, and we do our part to make that happen.
1 - 10 employees
707 East Main Street, Suite 1615
Richmond, Virginia 23219, United States
HANDSHAKE LINK TO SUBMIT: