Summer 2019: JMI - Student Intern
Apr 9, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
JMI is a full service PR, marketing and communications firm based in Richmond, VA. Our internship program offers a hands-on learning experience by providing interns exposure to the day-to-day business of our firm. Once accepted into our program, interns will be assigned to a specific department. Additionally, all interns will get exposed to all of our services which include integrated marketing services, public, media and stakeholder relations, creative services, project management, web, digital media, and event coordination.
For additional information about JMI please visit johnsonmarketing.com. JMI is dedicated to hiring outstanding talent. We look for interns that are intelligent, innovative, creative thinkers, diligent workers, focused and leaders. Interns (rising sophomores, juniors, seniors or recent graduates preparing for grad study) should have great written and verbal communication skills, be organized/detail oriented and pursuing a degree in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing.
Summer Academic Internship:
This is an unpaid and/or college credit program with a 13-week duration between May 20th and August 16th (with flexibility). Interns will receive a small back to school stipend at the conclusion of their internship. All applicants will be notified of our final selections by May 6th..
• Richmond Jazz Festival Experiential Intern – Logistics, Production, Planning and Execution
• Brand Strategy & PR Intern – Project Management, Account Management, Campaign Development, Research, Social and Digital Advertising, Media Relations, Content Development, Business Development, and Special Events
• Creative Brand Design Intern – Graphic Design, Concepting, Asset Management, Copywriting
Applicants are required to email a resume, cover letter and answers to the short essay questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Please describe how your educational background and/or work experience has prepared you for an internship within the field of advertising, marketing and event coordination?
2. Tell us about a recent team experience (school project, sports team, professional organization, etc.). What role did you play on the team and what did you learn most from the experience?
3. What do you hope to gain from an internship at JMI? Please be specific about your interests and the role you envision yourself in.
4. How did you hear about JMI? If referred by an employee, please indicate that person’s name and your relationship with that person.