Summer 2019: ForKids - Development Intern
Apr 24, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships
ForKids- Development Intern
At ForKids, we’re dreamers who find a way to make the impossible, possible through our hard work and dedication of breaking the cycle of homelessness and poverty for families and children. Now is your chance to join our talented, caring, compassionate and fast growing team that delivers a full-spectrum service model, that simultaneously identifies the compound root causes of each family’s homelessness and improves mental health, education, employment, and personal obstacles with supportive services culminating in self-reliant families and educationally-prepared children.
Target Candidate: Bachelor’s level student of Non-Profit Management, Business Administration, Liberal Arts or Communication.
Placement Location: 4200 Colley Ave. in Norfolk
Hours of Operation: Availability required during normal business hours of 9:00am – 5:00pm. Occasional evening or weekend hours.
Intern Responsibilities and Learning Opportunities:
- Orientation and overview of agency, including: mission and vision with CEO or COO, services and education overviews, facilities training, customer service training, and volunteer training.
- Tour of relevant agency sites.
- Weekly supervision with master’s level field instructor in coordination with task supervisor.
- Training regarding cultivation and stewardship activities that lead to donor giving.
- Training regarding ForKids donation tracking system.
- Review and editing of data in donation tracking system to improve donor relations.
- Attendance at staff meetings, development team meetings, and monthly trainings where possible.
- Assistance with/observation of special events including Story Slam, Art Auction, Back to School Drive, Thanksgiving Drive, and/or Holiday Shop.
- Assistance with responding to community inquiries via phone and email.
- Front desk coverage in receptionist absence.
- Basic clerical tasks (filing, copying, data entry) as instructed by task supervisor.
- This internship will require some weekend or evening hours.
- The primary focus of this internship will be assisting with promoting and executing special events, communicating the ForKids’ mission to potential donors and cultivation and stewardship activities that lead to donor giving.
- This internship will not allow for direct client hours.
To apply: Please visit our website at www.forkids.org to create an account and apply for this internship. Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.