Summer 2018: VCU Military Student Services - Communications Intern
May 9, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Job Title: Communications Intern
Location: VCU Military Student Services Grace E. Harris Hall, Room 3122
Reports to: Director of Military Student Services
Start Date: Spring semester, 2018
Hours: 15-20 Per Week
This internship is a challenging opportunity for an enthusiastic person to contribute to the growth of a highly active organization at VCU. The intern will gain hands on communications experience and learn to communicate to targeted audiences in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinating with MSS Communications staff to learn approved VCU branding and communications processes
- Managing and updating Military Student Services and Student Veterans Association Social Media
- Promotion and advertising for office events through flyers, videos, email blasts, and social media content
- Creating communications materials for changes in Veterans Affairs policies and procedures
- Creating materials to inform our audience of benefits, scholarships, and other opportunities
- Communicating MSS procedure processes and changes to our students.
Intern Requirement and Skills:
- Be trained in VCU social media requirements for ADA compliance
- Applicant should be a VCU mass communications student in one of the following programs: public relations, creative or strategic advertising, or journalism
- Should be creative and understand or be able to learn how to best communicate with our military-affiliated and veteran audience at VCU
- Be a self-starting, motivated individual with a desire to help, inform, entertain, and encourage our military-affiliated community at VCU
- Applicant should have a desire to learn about Veterans Affairs benefits and military/veteran culture
- Possess skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Applications, or Microsoft Office programs
- Have basic public relations, advertising, writing, editing, and promotional skills.
Apply by sending a resume to Steven Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.