Summer 2018: University Public Affairs - Social Media Intern
Apr 24, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
VCU’s University Public Affairs (UPA) department leads public information, strategic internal and external communications and reputation management efforts across VCU and VCU Health. The office fulfills the public information obligations of the university as a public institution and develops and executes strategic communications in collaboration with the other Division of University Relations departments of marketing, special events and programming, video and photography. UPA services include news and public information, media and public relations, strategic communications planning, social media, issues management and emergency communications.
Internship Job Duties -
- Participate in strategizing, creation and measurement of visual content for the university’s Instagram and Snapchat stories
- Support university social media compliance and governance through assisting with managing registration and records management of all VCU owned social sites. (Please review the Social Directory on socialmedia.vcu.edu)
- Train in social media accessibility standards and guidelines
- Assist with strategy and content development on social campaigns
- Opportunity to write an article or two for news.VCU.edu if interested
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in photography
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of AP style
- Graphic design skills a plus but not required
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments
Please submit a cover letter showcasing your background in relationship to this job and how it makes you a good fit for our department. (Think specific skills, qualities, knowledge and interests.) Give one or two examples of related experience. Please email the document to Megan Schmidt – email@example.com .
We will be contacting promising candidates by email to arrange interviews as soon as possible. At the interview, we’ll be wanting to see some examples of your photography.