Summer 2018: Richmond Volleyball Club - Development/Sponsorship/Event/Communications Intern (PAID)
May 9, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Richmond Volleyball Club is looking for one or two interns to join our team! Learn about development/sponsorship and event management in a unique nonprofit setting (adult/youth sports, majority of revenue is fee based). Come be a part of our team and help our community develop a love of volleyball while improving their health and lives.
Who We Are
Richmond Volleyball Club (RVC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with USA Volleyball as our national governing body. We are
dedicated to providing a lifetime of opportunity through the sport of volleyball that includes fostering teamwork and
sportsmanship, and an appreciation for health and wellness. The Richmond Volleyball Club:
• Manages and promotes year-round adult leagues for all levels with more than 1800 participants
• Manages and promotes competitive junior teams from local to national travel teams with more than 900
• Hosts three large juniors tournaments annually that serve as our major fundraisers
• Largest volleyball club in the country
• Invests in outreach that will increase the diversity of our participants and ensure all youth that desire to play will
have that opportunity
What You Will Be Working On
• Event support
• Sponsor relationship cultivation
• Prospect and corporate partner research
• Assist with RVC’s social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
• Program assistance as needed
• Attention to detail • Strong written and oral communication skills • Experience with Microsoft
applications • Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram •
Great time management skills and a strong work ethic • Availability to work 15-20 hours a week
Salary: While many organizations offer unpaid internships, we are pleased to be able to offer $8.00/hour.
References and background will be checked before official hire.
Benefits: Experience working with: • A non-profit sports organization • Microsoft Office, Constant Contact •
Social media cause marketing •Opportunity to engage with professionals in the field to build your
resume and explore future career opportunities
Please contact our marketing department at (804) 358-3000 if qualified and interested.
2921 Byrdhill Road, Henrico, VA 23228