Summer 2018: Commonwealth Public Relations & Marketing - PR Intern
Mar 28, 2018
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Commonwealth Public Relations & Marketing is a full service public relations, marketing, and social media firm located in historic Shockoe Slip. The firm and its team has won numerous PR and marketing awards since its founding in 2009 and prides itself on providing a wide range of services for clients from strategy development and research, to branding and execution of day-to-day tactical activities.
With a local, regional and national client base, Commonwealth PR is equipped with a team of experienced practitioners known for their strategic communications and creative ideas.
General duties of public relations intern:
- Maintaining clip placements for wide array of clients.
- Researching and writing basic news releases, media alerts, and general content for local, state, and national distribution.
- Creating and maintaining media lists.
- Participate in team and client meetings to assist in developing strategy and direction.
- Researching and creating social media content for the firm and external clients.
- General office and project support for the entire team.
- Researching and writing content for email marketing campaigns.
Qualifications applicants should possess:
- Experience working in an office environment preferred, but not required.
- Excellent journalism and PR writing skills.
- Ability to quickly edit and create files in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Prepared to work in a business environment.
- Detail oriented.
Internship training provided:
- Creative pitch writing.
- Monthly PRSA luncheons and various networking/professional development events with the team.
- Project management.
Hours are flexible within operating office hours, M-F 8:00am – 4:30pm. Summer hours are M-Th 7:30-4:30pm and Fridays 7:30-12:00pm.
Applicants must email cover letter, resume, and two writing samples.
Frazier Fulton, Director of Client Services
Commonwealth Public Relations