Summer 2017: WTVR CBS 6 - Graphic Arts/Design Intern
Apr 25, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
WTVR CBS 6 offers paid, college-level internships to broadcast journalism students (and related majors), enrolled in their junior or senior year or graduate program, who qualify for academic credit at their school.
Internships at CBS 6 are provided to a limited number of students each semester and candidates will be asked to interview — in person — prior to receiving an internship.
The CBS 6 internship program follows a syllabus that gives students “real-world” experience in the television news industry. Students follow the weekly assignments and are required to complete a project due at the end of their internship.
- Graphic Arts (expand print and motion graphic knowledge and experience / Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator and InDesign / After Effects a plus.
Students wishing to Intern at CBS 6 should compile and submit:
- (1) Resume and (1) cover letter
- Letter certifying academic eligibility from a college/university adviser that also outlines any college/university requirements.
- (2) letters of recommendation from an academic professional
- Transcript (unofficial copy is allowed)
Please email the above information to CBS 6 Executive Producer Lauren Mackey at firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls please).
- Summer (8-12 Weeks)
Maximum of 40 hours per week. Limited to one internship session per calendar year.
- Must be 18 or older and eligible to work in the US. Registered students in good standing at an accredited college or university preferred.
- Must be able to work the hours required by department.
- Students can receive university or college credit for participating in this program but need to handle paperwork involved.