Summer 2017: The Washington Redskins Training Camp - Social Media Intern
Mar 20, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Washington Redskins are seeking an enthusiastic and creative individual to support the Digital Media department as a training camp intern, with the primary focus of assisting with Redskins social media platforms.
The right individual must take great pride in their work and pay strong attention to detail. Applicant must have a strong technical knowledge of website development and understanding of digital trends. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping organized and maintaining high standards in all work. Needs to be able to work as part of a team or individually.
- Monitor daily content and engage with fans on various Redskins social media sites, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, Giphy and Reddit
- Monitor social media accounts including those of the players and fans along with websites and blogs dedicated to the team
- Conceptualize and research creative ways to improve the Redskins social media platforms and integration on Redskins.com
- Assist in the dissemination of Redskins breaking news and team updates across all digital channels, including social and mobile platforms
- Documenting various Redskins events through photography/video and social coverage (DSLR photography, Snapchat, phone photo/video, etc.)
- Planning and executing special events
- Interacting with camp attendees to promote social media platforms
- Assist with other duties as necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented and strong organization and project management skills
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others
- Thorough understanding of social media platforms/best practices and how the Redskins desire to be branded in the social space
- Strong knowledge of sports and football
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) are required
- Must be able to receive college credit and have completed course work in the field of Communications, Public Relations or a related field
- Must provide own means of transportation to the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center in Richmond, Va.
- Interested applicants must be willing and able to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings during peak times
Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Bryan Van Valen at email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. The Washington Redskins are an Equal Opportunity Employer.