Summer 2017: Snagajob - Product Design Intern
Mar 20, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Snagajob, the leading marketplace for hourly work, is hiring a Product Design Intern for the summer of 2017. Our internships are a 10-week program and will run from May 30 through August 4. Here at Snagajob, we can promise you that you won’t be treated like a typical intern. Our core values of collaboration, accountability and passion make for a productive, fast-paced and fun atmosphere. The first day you walk in the door, you’ll jump right in with the team. Whether you’re a marketing intern running a campaign or an engineering intern creating code, you’ll be working on important projects and watching them come to life.
Our Product Design intern will join either our Oakland, CA or Richmond, VA teams to collaborate with other designers on evolving our UX and UI pattern library and style guides. This is a great “summer project” that will have a material impact on our business, and should look great in a portfolio!
What We'll Expect:
- Observe people using the product, to better understand what works, what doesn’t, and what opportunities there are for making it better
- Identify and organize the various features and functionality across Snagajob’s products in order to understand all the components that are subject to review and improvement
- Design the next iteration of our style guide and pattern library
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to figure out how to make this style guide ‘production-ready’
- Receive guidance and mentorship from design leaders with 15-20 years experience shipping great work
What You'll Bring:
- Undergraduate student in interaction design, visual design, human-computer interaction or similar program
- A portfolio showing great work, including the process from concept to final delivery
- Enthusiastic about Snagajob’s mission: “To put people in the right fit positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives”
What You Can Expect From Snagajob:
With more than 70 million registered hourly workers and 300,000 employer locations, Snagajob is America’s #1 hourly marketplace. We focus on creating instant and quality connections so workers can get jobs and employers can hire workers—in minutes. Since 2000, our mission has been to put people in right fit-positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives. We do this through the Snagajob marketplace and PeopleMatter, our end-to-end platform of talent and workforce management solutions. Our mobile and on-demand sourcing, hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management tools drive results for single-location operators to Fortune 500 businesses with thousands of locations, across the restaurant, retail, hospitality and healthcare industries.
With offices in Washington, DC; Richmond, VA; Charleston, SC; Atlanta, GA; and Oakland, CA, Snagajob has been named to Fortune Magazine’s Great Place to Work® list for eight years running and Washingtonian Magazine’s 50 Great Places to Work list for 2015. Snagajob is an equal opportunity employer.