Summer 2017: Snagajob - Copywriter Intern
Mar 20, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships
Snagajob is hiring a Copywriter Intern for the summer of 2017. Our internships are a 10-week program and will run from May 30 through August 4. Here at Snagajob, we can promise you that you won’t be treated like a typical intern. Our core values of collaboration, accountability and passion make for a productive, fast-paced and fun atmosphere. The first day you walk in the door, you’ll jump right in with the team. Whether you’re a marketing intern running a campaign or an engineering intern creating code, you’ll be working on important projects and watching them come to life.
The Copywriter Intern is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring writer who wants to learn more about brainstorming, creating and transferring ideas into articles, advertisements, publications and digital channels. Our creative team provides conceptual as well as tactical work to build our brand, enable sales and engage job seekers. The intern will report to the Senior Copywriter and work closely with the creative team, as well as Snaggers on the Marketing team and other internal clients.
This internship will be based in our Richmond office.
What We'll Expect:
- Write engaging and persuasive headlines and effective copy for a variety of channels that is on brand and achieves business goals
- Distill complex functionality into easy-to-understand copy for target audiences (B2B and B2C)
- Support and extend established corporate and brand voice across multiple mediums
- Listen, ask questions, prioritize and translate goals into strategic documents
- Ensure the creative product stays ahead of the competition and exceeds client expectations
- Set the example and expectations for creative team work ethic, attitude and desire to be the best at what we do individually and as a team
- Perform ongoing research of print, online and multimedia capabilities
- Revise, edit and proofread content as needed
- Tackle projects and perform additional duties as assigned by the Creative Director, Senior Copywriter or Senior Art Director.
What You'll Bring:
- Major in Advertising, Communications, English, or Marketing preferred
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Exceptional writing, proofreading and editing skills
What You Can Expect From Snagajob:
With more than 70 million registered hourly workers and 300,000 employer locations, Snagajob is America’s #1 hourly marketplace. We focus on creating instant and quality connections so workers can get jobs and employers can hire workers—in minutes. Since 2000, our mission has been to put people in right fit-positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives. We do this through the Snagajob marketplace and PeopleMatter, our end-to-end platform of talent and workforce management solutions. Our mobile and on-demand sourcing, hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management tools drive results for single-location operators to Fortune 500 businesses with thousands of locations, across the restaurant, retail, hospitality and healthcare industries.
With offices in Washington, DC; Richmond, VA; Charleston, SC; Atlanta, GA; and Oakland, CA, Snagajob has been named to Fortune Magazine’s Great Place to Work® list for eight years running and Washingtonian Magazine’s 50 Great Places to Work list for 2015. Snagajob is an equal opportunity employer.