Summer 2017: Metropolitan Business League - Nonprofit Program Intern
Apr 26, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
For over 40 years, the Metropolitan Business League (MBL) has been the backbone for the development, support, and advancement of small, minority, and women-owned businesses in the Richmond and tri-cities area.
The Metropolitan Business League, a non-profit business member organization, is seeking a 15-20 hr/wk Program Intern. Please visit www.thembl.org for more information about our organization.
- Assist with special event planning
- Provide support to program staff on special projects and initiatives
- Enter and edit data in Access database
- Assist with general office tasks (filing, copying, organizing digital photos, etc.) as needed
- Assisting with development of program specific grant proposals
- Performing grant writing, grant management, funding opportunity research, resource research.
- Communication tools- emails, newsletters, community presentations
- Assisting with general public relations, and community outreach
Skills Gained Include:
- Learning successful grant-writing techniques and gaining development cooperation.
- Learning about how a non-profit secures funding
- Provide an inside look at the day to day operations of a non-profit as well as the strategic decision making inherent in the responsibilities of an Executive Director.
- Increasing communication skills- written and oral.
- Technical Skills- Word, Excel, etc
- Good organization skills
- Commitment to Non-Profits and purpose of organization
- Ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication
- Positive attitude. Dependable and punctual team player
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner
Duration: The summer season begins in May and ends in mid August. Internship will be available also during the fall and spring semesters.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship; however, students may receive course credit.
To Apply: Email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, include a list of three references.