Summer 2017: Fanatical Artworks - Communications & Public Relations Intern
Mar 20, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Who we are
Fanatical Artworks is a local art design and production company. We use artistic collegiate designs to create stronger academic and community ties. We accomplish this through strategic partnership and collaboration. We are preparing for an October 2017 VCU product launch
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Communications and Public Relations Intern will be responsible for the development of a communication strategy, and will contribute to Fanatical Artworks’s strategic launch planning for a VCU specific brand. In addition, the intern will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership.
What you will be doing
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to effectively launch our VCU artwork/brand
- Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow Fanatical Artworks to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, external audiences, including the media and key influencers.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization. Work with leadership team to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Incorporates new and innovative communications channels and approaches into communications strategy.
- Identify and implement key performance indicators to gauge social media and digital marketing effectiveness and/or efficiency
- Assist with designing digital marketing resources and approaches
- Seek community partnerships that drive product visibility and sales
- Assist with the design and development of a product launch event
- Facilitate market research to identify channel sales opportunities and identify target audience
- Collaborate with leadership to develop an implementation and process Roadmap
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the communications function including budgeting and planning
- Responsible for corporate communications properties, such as the website, social media channels and promotional materials
Preferred qualifications for applicants
- Strategic Thinker thats Innovative and creative
- Ability to be a Self-starter and thrive in a Fast-paced environment
- Well organized, with the ability to execute
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Majoring in Advertising, Public Relations, or Journalism required
- working knowledge of multimedia technologies for use as communication tools and current social media tools, trends, and techniques.
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com with a short description of why this opportunity is a good fit for your development. Candidates will be scheduled for 30 minute introduction/meeting, with the final candidate selection thereafter.