Summer 2017: ChamberRVA - Marketing Intern (PAID)
Apr 25, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
POSITION: Marketing Intern, YRichmond Program of ChamberRVA
REPORTS TO: Manager, Leadership Engagement
DEPT: Programs and Services
YRICHMOND: YRichmond is a program for interns of local Richmond region businesses that helps recruit and retain the best new talent to Richmond by connecting interns and newly hired associates to the region and to one another. ChamberRVA works with local businesses to provide a full schedule of social, recreational, community service and professional events over the course of a 10-week session that make-up the YRichmond program.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The marketing intern will implement YRichmond’s social media strategy, developing program awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging user engagement. This role coordinates with the Leadership Engagement Manager to support YRichmond’s mission and goals, ensuring that the millennial workforce is experiencing the #RVA lifestyle. The intern will be a market builder and a brand ambassador for the YRichmond program by fostering peer-to-peer networking interactions.
INTERNSHIP DUTIES to include, but are not limited to:
- Actively engage with YRichmond participants at events to foster relationships and encourage networking among the group.
- Attend and assist Leadership Engagement Manager with events in all aspects of execution including venue confirmation, RSVPs, volunteer staffing, catering, entertainment, payment, etc.
- Implement the marketing strategy, and ensure its effectiveness in all YRichmond’s services by developing and researching ways to improve engagement and site traffic
- Marketing duties to include:
- Monitor social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Monitor trending hash tags related to intern and community interests
- Photograph events and attendees for use on social media sites
- Work in concert with marketing team to create event descriptions, website updates, email invites, and make sure all social media tools (for ex. FB connect, Sharing buttons )are kept up to date
- Highly motivated, creative, rising undergraduate senior with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong communicator with impeccable interpersonal skills; outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys learning and continually seeking new ways to grow personally and professionally
- Fun, outgoing, motivated, passionate, driven to succeed, and has a "can-do" attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Photography skills and familiarity operating a Canon Rebel T2i is a plus.
- Direct experience working with Social Media Channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) is a plus.
- Professional development in a challenging environment that prepares interns for full-time employment in a professional setting
- Opportunity to gain experience in areas of marketing, PR, social media, event planning, and professional writing development
- Opportunity to attend ChamberRVA HYPE (Helping Young Professionals Engage) events
- Intern will be compensated $10/hour
- Cover Letter: Please detail why you want to intern for ChamberRVA’s (the Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce) YRichmond program, your internship objectives and career goals, and what it means to you to live the “RVA lifestyle”
- Resume: Please list your complete educational and professional experience and any additional and relevant information regarding extracurricular activities and organizational involvement
- Optional: Any examples of social media management experience including projects or campaigns that involved the use of social media platforms in the planning and organization of social media content and/or announcements
EDUCATION: Full-time rising undergraduate senior working towards a Bachelor’s degree
EXPERIENCE: Experience in program management, project management, marketing, event planning and computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, Publisher) and familiarity with Constant Contact.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Flexibility to work early mornings and late evenings, as frequently as five times a week during the summer months, including weekends. Access to reliable transportation.
919 East Main Street, Suite 1700
Richmond, VA 23219
Manager, Leadership Engagement