Summer 2017: American Red Cross - Marketing Intern (2 positions)
Apr 25, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Marketing Internship, American Red Cross
Department: Donor Recruitment Division
Title: Marketing Intern
The American Red Cross is seeking two marketing interns for our Summer 2017 program. The internship is part-time (15-20 hours a week) and unpaid but may be used to gain college credit. Interns will be responsible for creating effective and timely campaigns to increase donor flow in our months of most critical need. Experience in MS Word, Excel, and graphic design platforms is a must. The internship will begin Monday, May 22nd, 2017 and will run through Friday, July 21st, 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties include, but may not be limited to:
· Conduct competition reviews in order to compete in real time with notable organizations of a similar size and scope
· Researching potential advertisement opportunities in print, online, on television, and radio
· Conduct a cost analysis of potential advertisement opportunities
· Create effective and timely marketing campaigns to increase donor flow in our months of most critical need
· Manage a monthly newsletter for local blood drive coordinators
· Build standard templates that can be populated for future sales collateral
· Will have the opportunity to participate in and learn about the production side of the business including consultant and client meetings and lunches
· Will have the opportunity to participate in and learn about additional communications initiatives such as social media
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field
· Proficiency in MS Word & Excel and a graphic design platform of choice
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent critical thinking & problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The internship will take place primarily in the downtown office located at 420 E Cary St. Richmond, VA 23219 but may require frequent visits to the blood bank located at 4491 Carolina Ave. Richmond, VA 23222. Reliable transportation preferred but not required. Internship is unpaid but may be used to gain college credit.
To apply, send an email with Resume, Cover Letter, and Portfolio to email@example.com. Job is also located on HireVCURams.