Spring 2022: Turning Point Pen Co. - Marketing Intern
Dec 18, 2021
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
POSITION AVAILABLE: MARKETING INTERN
Spring 2022: January – Mid May
INTERN PROGRAM MISSION STATEMENT –
This program is built to be a professional development and mentorship experience for driven collegiate-level students.
Taking part in this program will bring benefits to interns such as:
- Stand out when applying for your next job with tangible metrics on your resume.
- Get hands-on experience in marketing strategies & professional social media accounts.
- Receive training and experience in professional, real-world marketing skill sets (making you a Rockstar for your next position coming in stronger than your competitors).
- Experience entrepreneurship first-hand.
- Get an inside look at building and maintaining a brand through marketing and social media.
- Benefit from a personal mentor and guide throughout the duration of their internship.
This internship will give you the experience of building a luxury brand through the power of marketing and allow you to hone your skills and explore career opportunities in a supportive mentorship setting.
In this position, you will help grow and manage the Turning Point Pen Co. brand through marketing using social media, email, strategy, and execution. You will be working directly with Michael - the founder and owner of the MKH Family of Brands (which includes TPPC).
This position is for you if:
- You are studying marketing, communications, advertising, or graphic design
- You like being creative and creating excitement for cool items
- You get excited about things like: making an impact with your creativity, staying on top of the latest marketing and social media and trends, creating eye-catching visuals, writing compelling content, and understand the basics of marketing and copywriting.
- Most importantly, you are willing to learn anything and you’re proud of your ability to adjust on the fly to get things done.
Not only will our interns walk away with tangible stats to add to their resume, they’ll have the benefit of being introduced to industry leaders and mentors to be coached and mentored through this experience.
We will be selecting two or more interns this semester. If you have special experience in video editing, content creation, or graphic design, let us know – we want to talk with you!
LOOKING FOR AN INTERN WHO:
- Is pursuing a degree/career in marketing, communications, advertising, or public relations (receiving school credit is preferred)
- Proactive problem-solver
- Detail oriented and enjoys measuring progress
- Can self-manage and meet deadlines
- Great communicator – concise, effective, and persuasive when necessary
- Able to anticipate needs and provide solutions
- Resourceful (who knows the answers to life are on Google)
- Honest – values integrity
- Always learning and coachable
- Aesthetically inclined – Canva, Photoshop, etc. & aesthetically obsessed
- Is creative, flexible, enjoys variety, open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable
- Experience, knowledge, or interest in small business is preferred
- Most important – can take direction well, will ask questions when needed, and focused on being their best self so they can bring massive value every day
SAMPLE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding current social media trends
- Create & repurpose visual content
- Managing marketing campaigns
- Posting to social media
- Social media engagement
- Research projects
- Organizing and editing documents
- Document standard operating procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- This position is fully remote
- Must have access to reliable technology (computer, stable WiFi, social media, and zoom capabilities)
- On time & prepared for meetings
- This is an unpaid internship position offering between 10-15 flexible hours per week depending on the student’s needs
- Students must be enrolled in an internship program with a university to receive academic credit.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Fill out this google form: https://forms.gle/2g8P3bixnQ6Sawf79
- Then email your resume to TPPCOperations@gmail.com
(Be prepared to provide references & transcripts if requested)
- Applications open until 12/29/2021
- Applicants will be contacted for interviews starting 12/30/2021
ABOUT THE TURNING POINT BRAND:
The MKH Family of Brands is centered around making life exciting.
At MKH Business Attraction Consulting, we guide client-based small business owners to the most effective ways to attract dream clients and collaborators to their businesses.
Our services include 1:1 executive coaching, messaging & copywriting consulting, and our effective connection strategies course; and within all of our services is a healthy dose of empowerment, motivation, and confidence building.
We live to inspire.