Spring 2022: Alpha Gamma Delta - Digital Asset Management Intern (PAID)
Dec 18, 2021
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Our Vision: Inspire the Woman. Impact the World.
Our Mission: Alpha Gamma Delta is an international fraternity for women that exists to provide opportunities for personal development through the spirit of sisterhood. We support lifelong learning as a means to gain understanding and wisdom. We promote the value of fraternal membership and commitment to higher education. We help prepare members to contribute to the world's work. We advocate lifetime involvement in Alpha Gamma Delta.
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations.
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available. Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission:
Alpha Gamma Delta is seeking a Digital Asset Management (DAM) Intern to support the functions of the Education, Communications & Marketing and Fraternity Growth Teams. The intern will assist in the organization of Alpha Gamma Delta’s DAM platform, including asset transfer, cataloging, metadata tagging and keywording. Assets include audiovisual media, publications, marketing materials and photographs.
The intern will receive training on accurately cataloging digital and archival assets and working with colleagues across departments to ensure proper and complete capture of digital assets and related metadata.
Your success will be defined by your ability to produce high quality work against hard deadlines, build collaborative and productive relationships with staff, volunteers and vendors and be proactive in anticipating and addressing educational and communication needs of the Fraternity.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assist with the maintenance of the Digital Asset Management system.
- Catalog digital assets and assign appropriate metadata to ensure accurate search and usage. • Collaborate with cross-functional team members to obtain correct metadata. • Work with the Education Team and Communication & Marketing Team to create educational/explainer videos.
- Collaborate with various departments and external audiences in communicating and achieving organization initiatives.
- Creative and visionary—able to work through complex problems while maintaining focus on the overall objective.
- An excellent communicator in the English language—both written and verbal—with strong ability to help people understand the “why” and see their role in the bigger picture. • Flexible—able to adapt to changing needs and shift priorities as needed while keeping stakeholders informed.
- A team player—able to collaborate closely with others while exhibiting a positive attitude. • Detail-oriented, organized and confident with the ability to generate solutions and creatively solve problems.
- Tech-savvy—with relative comfort within the current computer/tablet and online environment and interest in exploring up-and-coming virtual learning opportunities.
- The ideal candidate is pursuing a degree related to education, digital content, creative or new media, multimedia production, archival or library studies, instructional design, learning and development or research design and methodology.
- One to three years of related experienced is desired. Experience may include opportunities from one’s undergraduate experience.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as knowledge of various video and image formats, is preferred.
- Membership in Alpha Gamma Delta (or another fraternity/sorority) is preferred. • Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) is preferred and experience utilizing a learning management platform is extremely desirable. • Must be able and willing to lift and carry items 35-50 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Reports to: Learning & Development Manager
Job-Status: Non-exempt, hourly employee
Position: Temporary; may be eligible to work remotely
Schedule: 15 hours a week (a set schedule, including start and end date, will be determined based on intern availability)
Compensation: Undergraduate range is $13.00/hour. Graduate rate is $15.00/hour.
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.