Spring 2021: VCU Division of University Relations - Social Media / Strategy / Design Intern
Feb 8, 2021
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
VCU’s Public Affairs’ Social Media team within the VCU Division of University Relations is looking for social media, strategy and design interns to join our team!
This is an unpaid internship. Course credit can be given to those needing to fulfill program internship requirements. Internship is fully virtual, work from home!
- Create, source, and strategize social media content for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube,
- Monitor social media for trending topics to utilize on all social media channels
- Perform analysis of marketing and metric data
- Design graphics and/or illustrations for social media content
- Perform SEO functions to include keyword analysis
- Provide ideas and feedback for business development
- Attend virtual team meetings as needed
Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Undergraduate student (sophomore/junior/senior) or graduate student majoring in
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of various social media platforms
- Driven and hard working
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Google Drive and MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel experience
- 1+ years of social media management experience or equivalent coursework
- Experience creating graphics and video with Adobe Premiere/Photoshop/InDesign and/or Adobe Spark and Canva
- Passion for all things social media, interest in emerging platforms and features that can help expand our reach with students, faculty, staff, parents and the community
- Eye for visual and engaging storytelling
Communications, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Art, Marketing, or Advertising
This internship is open on a rolling basis, send your application materials today!
Please email a cover letter, resume, portfolio items or website & at least two professional references to: Saher Randhawa, VCU Social Media Content Strategist, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org