Spring 2021: VCU Division of University Relations - Public Affairs' Social Media Intern
Dec 16, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
VCU’s Public Affairs’ Social Media team within the VCU Division of University Relations is looking for social media and design interns to join our team for the spring 2021 semester.
This is an unpaid internship. Course credit will be given instead for those needing to fulfill program internship requirements. Internship will be remote.
- Create, source, and strategize social media content for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Monitor social media for trending topics to utilize on all social media channels
- Perform analysis of marketing and metric data
- Design graphics and/or illustrations for social media content
- Perform SEO functions to include keyword analysis
- Provide ideas and feedback for business development
- Attend virtual team meetings as needed
- Undergraduate student (junior/senior) or graduate student majoring in Communications, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Art, Marketing, or Advertising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of various social media platforms
- Driven and hard working
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Google Drive and MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel experience
- 1+ years of social media management experience or equivalent coursework
- Experience creating graphics and video with Adobe Premiere/Photoshop/InDesign and/or Adobe Spark and Canva
- Passion for all things social media, interest in emerging platforms and features that can help expand our reach with students, faculty, staff, parents and the community
- Eye for visual and engaging storytelling
Please email cover letter, resume, digital portfolio, and at least two professional references to:
Saher Randhawa, Social Media Content Strategist, Email: email@example.com