Spring 2021: RISE for Youth - Communications Intern
Nov 5, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Communications Intern will work directly with the Legislative Coordinator to help develop and execute media strategies for RISE for Youth. The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of the current digital media landscape and the various social media platforms. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to website redesign projects, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimizing our website and conducting keyword analysis. Candidates should be familiar with Microsoft Office and Google Suite and possess excellent written and editing skills. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge and passion for advancing racial and social justice.
An Internship with RISE for Youth will provide accepted candidates with an assortment of valuable learning experiences and exposure to all facets of Juvenile Justice and Coalition infrastructure. Interns will be asked to work some evenings and Saturdays.
• Help maintain and update all of RISE for Youth’s social platforms
• Pre-schedule weekly content
• Perform research on trends
• Work on larger scale Communications campaigns
• Create and execute Communications contests and promotions
• Assist in updating and editing content on the organization website, riseforyouth.org
• Monitor analytics to identify viable ideas
• Create engaging blog and Communications content
• Assist in the creation and general distribution of media alerts
• Provide media support to RISE team at live and online events
• Duties and events to be assigned with other Core Staff as needed
• Pursuing Degree in Communications or related field
• 2+ years’ experience in Communications/marketing
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• In-depth working knowledge of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and YouTube,
• Experience with Communications analytics
• Basic knowledge of photo editing and flyer creation software (Canva and others)
*This is an unpaid, academic internship. To be considered, you must be receiving academic credit*
If selected for an internship with RISE for Youth the intern will be required to provide the
• VA Child Abuse History clearance
• VA State Police Criminal Records Check
• An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Virginia for 10 years. If you have been a continuous resident of VA for the last 10 years, you may affirm in writing that you have no other convictions that would disqualify employment.
Interested students should send a resume and work sample of their choosing to firstname.lastname@example.org.