Spring 2021: Richmond City Young Life - Communications Intern (Deadline Feb. 10)
Feb 8, 2021
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Richmond City Young Life Communications Intern Job Description
Young Life Mission Statement: Introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith.
RCYL is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to assist in marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working in a casual work environment. The RCYL Communications Internship is a professional skills internship to assist the team in implementing organizational communications and marketing strategies. The Communications Intern will work independently and in a team to fulfill communication goals and initiatives related to programming and events.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired.
- Proficiency in Canva is desired.
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design a plus
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling marketing materials to support RCYL
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
- Assist in planning, writing and managing social media posts and newsletter campaigns.
- Update organization website with current events, relevant news, etc.
- Design event/program flyers, graphics and other marketing material
- Update and maintain RCYL’s social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling and reporting Facebook updates
- Provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns
- Create online advertisements as needed
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications
- To apply email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portfolio is optional but encouraged.
- Application deadline is February 10th, 2021