Spring 2021: LWV of Virginia - Communications Intern
Dec 16, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The League is proud to be nonpartisan, neither supporting nor opposing candidates or political parties at any level of government, but always working on vital issues of concern to members and the public. We work to encourage informed and active participation in government and influence public policy through education and advocacy.
The LWV of Virginia seeks a dynamic, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills to support our amazing communications team.
Our Communications Intern will work independently and with the LWV-VA President and team to fulfill organizational goals, creating events, and initiatives. We would love to add an intern that has curiosity and pervasive creativity to add to our team. Self-motivation, flexibility, attention to detail, and the ability to successfully handle multiple projects are essential to this position.
The Value You Will Add: We're looking for a Communications Intern who will want to gain professional experience writing & publishing a wide range of communications designed to keep LWV-VA members connected and to help build awareness of our culture, strategy and values.
The Location: Virtual
The Skills That Will Make You Successful in This Role:
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Previous Internship or related Experience in Communications or Marketing a plus.
- Newsletter Editor and Layout
- Email Manager
- Facebook Page Management
- Press Releases and Anticipating needs
- Web Master
- Loves to Write
- Organizational Skills
- Design, Digital Publications, Events and Web Communications with a focus on designing publications.
- Social Media and Web Graphics
- Strong interpersonal skills (will be working with lots of people at LWV-VA
- Online Communications, Publications, Hootsuite, Twitter Marketing, Event Management.
- Knowledge of HTML, Website Content Management and Graphic Design a plus.
- To Apply: Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume to Ms. Erni Bridges at email@example.com
- Position/ Unpaid
- Hours: (15 hours per week).
- Start Date: Immediate