Spring 2021: Figuring It Out Podcast - Marketing & Business Strategist Intern
Jan 26, 2021
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
What we’re looking for:
In 2021, we’d like to focus more on long-term projects and strategy. The person who assumes this position would work closely with Ashleigh to help expand FIO, increase our reach, and smooth out various aspects of the project (workflow, podcast communication, etc.)
This position is unpaid, because Ashleigh is a broke college student at Columbia. If you can only do this position for the spring semester, that is fine, too! *hours are flexible*
For this role, we are looking for someone who has:
● Strong writing and communication skills. You don’t need previous journalism experience, but if you do have work experience of some sort, that would be helpful.
● A knack for creativity. We need someone who is aware of various marketing strategies. But we also want someone who is willing to take risks and think of new ways to market our podcast!
● A passion for storytelling. The core of this podcast is all about telling our guest’s stories. What makes them unique? Why is their journey interesting? These are questions we consistently ask. As a team member, we’d expect you to think critically about how we can tell stories more effectively.
● A desire to make the world better. We’re looking for someone who is also passionate about making this world a little brighter through the podcast.
What you’ll do
● Create your own projects! You’ll have the ability to pitch your own ideas and tackle them.
● Coordinate with Ashleigh to develop outreach plans for media, journalism organizations, etc.
● Coordinate with Ashleigh to develop !!new aspects!! of the project. We’d like to start reaching out to younger people (high schoolers) more, and we want to figure out how to do this.
● Coordinate with our social media producer to develop monthly social media reach goals and tangible plans