Spring 2020: VCU Global Education Office - Communications Intern
Dec 11, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
VCU Global Education Office - Communications Internship
The VCU Global Education Office is dedicated to supporting the University in increasing the global impact of its research, teaching, and service and in expanding its role on the world stage. GEO manages five university-wide programs which include Education Abroad, English Language Program, Global Outreach, International Student and Scholar Programs and VCU Globe. GEO’s communications office supports these units through the development of marketing and communication plans, event management, social media planning and implementation, media relations, graphic design and website maintenance.
Position: GEO Communications Intern
Compensation: Credit hours, as determined by intern’s school or department; upon successful completion of the internship, student will receive a $500 credit toward a study abroad program. Hours: 10-15 hours per week; will vary as needed to cover events, which include occasional evenings and weekends
Duration: One semester or two semesters. Preference given to students who commit to full academic year.
General job duties of Communications Intern
Assist in creating press releases; developing publications; planning, promotion and execution of GEO-sponsored events; promoting and growing GEO’s social media presence; preparation of marketing and promotional materials; developing and editing Website content. Photography and videography skills a plus.
- Sophomore or junior status preferred; others will be considered
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading ability
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Energetic, positive, “can-do” attitude
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple projects
Mass communication, intercultural communication, global communication, marketing, public relations, graphic design, social media, photography, videography
Please email cover letter, resume and recent writing sample to (500 word maximum) to Renee Russell, GEO Communications and Marketing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org