Spring 2020: VCU Athletics - Sports Marketing Intern
Dec 4, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
The VCU Sports Marketing Internship Program will provide a great opportunity for students interested in sports to receive “hands on” experience in an intercollegiate athletics department. Interns in the program will help plan and execute marketing efforts across all intercollegiate sports, power our group ticket sales initiatives, and take on additional projects and events as needed. Interns will be cross-trained in all aspects of our program, providing a wide range of knowledge and experiences from sales to customer service to promotion management.
For more information, feel free to contact Dylan Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assist in all aspects of marketing operations in an NCAA Division I Athletics Department. Interns will assist with promotions, including promotional development, preparation, administration, assist with student activities, assist with distribution of marketing materials within the surrounding community, and assist in daily operational activities of a marketing department.
- Work office hours as needed
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Assist with group sales initiatives
- Available to work multiple home events per week
- Assist with on-campus marketing efforts
- Assist with the distribution (on/off campus) of advertising materials (flyers, table tents, posters, schedule cards, print ads, etc.)
- Current VCU student in good academic standing with the university.
- Possess the time and availability to make a commitment to this unpaid position
- Possess a positive attitude, enthusiasm, interpersonal skills, responsibility, initiative, passion, and work ethic necessary to succeed as a member of the team.
- Possess an interest and/or desire to work in the business of athletics.
- Be willing to work nights, weekends, and during academic breaks as required by the game schedules of the various VCU Athletics programs.
- Demonstrate the ability to treat this internship as a real job and fulfill the requirements of the position.
- Prior knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) is a plus but not required.