Spring 2020: The Office of Rep. Abigail Spanberger - Communications Intern (PAID - Deadline Jan 17)
Jan 13, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Congresswoman Abigail Spanberger seeks a driven, detail-oriented, hardworking, and engaged individual to join her Henrico staff for a spring semester internship lasting 10 weeks. The intern would work with her dynamic team to improve the lives of 7th district constituents and communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Community outreach: assist the district team with constituent outreach, develop relationships with community groups, organizations, and individuals;
• Constituent casework: answer constituent requests for assistance with federal agencies;
• Event planning: spearhead and staff events throughout the district for Rep. Spanberger, constituents, and staff;
• Research: conduct policy research, develop memos, and create legislative products for DC legislative team; and
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Responsible, reliable, punctual
• Has knowledge of the district, its constituents, and its needs
• Able to problem solve, think quickly, adapt, and handle sensitive information
LOGISTICS: This is a paid, part-time internship at 16 hours per week.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume, writing sample, and a 1-page cover letter that answers the following questions: How have you previously had an impact on your community and how do you want to impact your community in the future? What do you see as the biggest issue in the district and how would you go about trying to solve it? What does public service mean to you?
DEADLINE: January 17, 2020
The Office of Rep. Abigail Spanberger is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.