Spring 2020: Madison+Main - Public Relations/Copywriting Intern (Deadline Dec. 11)
Nov 18, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Public Relations/Copywriting Internship
Madison+Main is a branding, marketing, and PR agency in Richmond, Virginia that gets results
for emerging companies and challenger brands. Simply put, we believe Bold Brands Win.
What will you be doing? Public Relations/Copywriting interns will have the opportunity to be
exposed to every facet of our company.
As a PR/Copywriting intern for Madison+Main, you will:
● Assist in PR initiatives, including the development of press kits, writing and distributing
press releases, news and social media monitoring, researching media outlets, updating
and maintaining media contact lists, and performing media relations
● Write, edit, and proof email newsletters and blog posts
● Write content calendars for social media
● Write short and long-form copy for a variety of platforms, including websites, print ads,
radio ads, and more
● Transcribe meeting notes and interviews and assist in day-to-day administrative tasks
● Take part in internal meetings and creative concept sessions
What we are looking for: We are looking for candidates that have passion and skills to excel in
a fast-paced environment.
Candidates should possess the following traits:
● Must be a rising junior or senior, or a recent graduate
● Possess excellent writing, communication, and research skills
● Attention to detail (copywriting & public relations)
● Must be able to multi-task and prioritize projects as well as manage their time to meet
deadlines in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to collaborate with other team members
● Self-motivated with a proven ability to get things done with minimal supervision
● Ability to think of bold, creative, outside-the-box solutions to existing or potential
● A sense of humor and an unexplainable, perhaps disturbing affinity for the Oxford
● A working knowledge and appreciation of obscure Silence of the Lambs quotes (this
“skill” is desired, but not required)
● Available to work 15-20 hours per week during January-May 2020.
What about college credits or compensation? Besides a wealth of practical knowledge about
the industry, the manager for this PR/copywriting internship position has a single, simple
mission: To completely fill the intern’s portfolio with examples of real client work so they can
get a job after college. All the spec work you create during your college career is great, but real
work examples that were created under insane deadlines and approved by an actual paying client
will get you a job. Trust us.
Will you have fun? Well, that’s entirely up to you (but we’re placing our bets on “Yes.”) Just
check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuTZIwDF56A&t=1s
How do you apply? Please submit a sample of your work with your resume to Kent Brockwell
at email@example.com (include “I like bold words and I cannot lie” as the subject line —
seriously) for consideration. Writing samples can either be a link to your portfolio website or a
PDF with a minimum of three examples. Submissions are due by December 11, 2019.