Spring 2020: Glint Events & Snap Event Co. - Event Planning/Marketing Intern
Nov 11, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Event Intern - Glint Events & Snap Event Co.
Flexible Hours - For school credit - will work around class schedule
Start date: Spring Semester (flexible - would love an earlier start if possible)
Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Glint Events is a Richmond based event planning team offering high end services for weddings, corporate events, and social gatherings in Virginia. Snap Event Co. is Glint’s sister company, offering high end month-of wedding coordination services at a mid range price to engaged couples in the Richmond market. We are currently located near Libbie and Patterson and will be relocating to our new studio in Scott’s Addition in January 2020!
Our Mission: Creating one-of-a-kind event experiences for you and your guests. Infusing a balance of creativity and meticulous planning to ensure your “special something” is felt in every way.
Our Core Values:
DEPENDABLE- Our perseverance is our biggest strength – going above and beyond to give you all that you envision.
SINCERE - We’re that really good friend that doesn’t shy away from tough love every now and then. You can expect a lot of positivity, a little excitement – and a focus on what’s really important.
REFINED - We’re calm and polished. There’s a lot going on at every event, but you won’t see us lose our cool.
EXPERIENCED - Our diverse backgrounds and years of experience contribute to the ease in which we can do our job. We know the right people, vendors, and processes to plan your event.
INSPIRED - We’re inspired by you and your vision. Then we add our special creative touch, leveraging our backgrounds in branding, event design, and marketing.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The best person for this job will know how to get things done and not feel overwhelmed by managing multiple projects. It’s part office assistant, part marketing coordinator, and part event assistant. It’s a great position for someone interested in the event planning world and wants to learn more!
Event Planning Support - Glint Events
- Send thank you notes to vendors after events
- Assist with event decor and supply organization
- Assist with assembling and delivering guest welcome bags to hotels
- Assist planners at events with set up, coordination, and breakdown at events (typically on Saturdays in April, May, June, September, October, and November)
Marketing Support - Snap Event Co.
- Request event photos from photographers
- Organize, rename, resize and label event photos
- Schedule and post photos on Instagram, ensuring all tags and photo credits are accurate
- Manage posts on Pinterest
- Assemble and mail client/vendor gifts
- Write and schedule engaging blog posts
- Request reviews from past couples and clients
- Detail Oriented - extremely high level of organization. Management of complex details and project timelines.
- Self Starter - learns quickly and is able to manage projects and tasks independently. Self motivated, high energy, and positive outlook.
- Communication - can communicate clearly via phone, email, and in person.
Personal computer and cell phone
Valid drivers license
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
Ability to move items such as banquet tables and chairs is a must.